Monday, July 4, 2011

My Indian Odyssey Begins...........In 19 Days

Hello followers, and thank you for joining my Indian Odyssey! I am Nicole Bieno and as of right now I am an average 17 year old high school student living in Portage, Wisconsin USA, but in 19 days this will all change. My world is going to be flipped upside down! Rotary International District 6250 has so kindly given me the opportunity to be an ambassador for my country in Surat, India for a WHOLE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately you cannot join me on my adventure in person, but reading it on the internet in painstaking detail is the next best thing, right? (I will do my best anyway).

            Thanks to It’s Your World Travel I got my plane ticket and Visa yesterday and I’m totally jazzed! I am leaving on July, 21st  from Madison and arriving in Mumbai on the 22nd. I have a whole day of just flying :/ but it’s a small price to pay for the amazing opportunities that lay ahead.  I have been preparing for this exchange for basically a year and now it’s finally here, it’s utter insanity, and somehow I still don’t feel prepared. Although I don’t think someone could ever be completely prepared for this kind of a situation. This is going to be the best year of my life, but it’s not going to be easy. It’s going to be a year of extreme ups and downs. High highs and very low lows, and you I will fill you in on all of it! I can’t wait, and I hope you can’t either! But for now I’m going to enjoy my last 19 days in America working with my family and loving my puppies. The next time I write to you I’ll be in India, (I got excited just writing that) J Until then!

                      -Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment